Most Requested Pop Songs
The royalty of pop seems to rule the request lists. Artists like Bruno Mars, Taylor Swift and Justin Timberlake cross demographics and are really great at getting people of different generations on the dance floor. All of these artists (and ones like them) have created sounds with old school callbacks with a new twist. If I start a party with '24K,' by Bruno Mars, it typically fills a floor fast!
1. "I Gotta Feeling," by The Black Eyed Peas
2. "Can't Stop the Feeling!" by Justin Timberlake
3. "Uptown Funk," by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars
4. "Crazy in Love," by Beyoncé and Jay Z
5. "Get Lucky," by Daft Punk and Pharrell Williams
6. "Get Low," by Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz
7. "Shut Up and Dance," by Walk the Moon
8. "Wobble," by V.I.C.
9. "Cupid Shuffle," by Cupid
10. "Cha Cha Slide," by Mr. C The Slide Man
11. "I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)," by Whitney Houston
12. "Happy," by Pharrell Williams
13. "SexyBack," by Justin Timberlake
14. "Party Rock Anthem," by LMFAO and Lauren Bennett
15. "Shake It Off," by Taylor Swift
16. "Yeah! By Usher," Lil Jon and Ludacris
17. "Moves Like Jagger," by Maroon 5 and Christina Aguilera
18. "Jump Around," by House of Pain
19. "Yeah," by Usher
20. "Riptide," by Vance Joy
21. "Mambo No. 5," by Lou Bega
22. "That's What I Like," by Bruno Mars
23. "What Lovers Do (feat. SZA)," by Maroon 5 and SZA
24. "Ain't No Other Man," by Christina Aguilera
25. "Mi Gente by J Balvin," Willy William
26. "Marry You," by Bruno Mars
27. "I Do," by Colbie Caillat
28. "Better Together," by Jack Johnson
29. "Can't Feel My Face" by The Weeknd
30. "Don’t Let Me Down,” by The Chainsmokers featuring Daya
31. "This is What you Came For," by Calvin Harris featuring Rihanna
32. "Good Feeling," by Flo Rida
33. "24K Magic," by Bruno Mars
34. "OMG," by Usher featuring will.i.am
35. "Let's Get It Started," by Black Eyed Peas
36. "This is How We Do It," by Montell Jordan
37. "Marry Me," by Bruno Mars
38. "Raise Your Glass," by P!nk
39. "Something Just Like This," by Coldplay
40. "Sugar," by Maroon 5
Most Requested '90s Hits
Music from the '90s are big at weddings since all the millennials the are getting married, and they grew up with the '90s pop, hip hop and boy bands.
1. "All My Life," by K-Ci and JoJo
2. "Because You Loved Me," by Celine Dion
3. "I Will Always Love You," by Whitney Houston
4. "Genie in a Bottle," by Christina Aguilera
5. "Hold My Hand," by Hootie and the Blowfish
6. "I’ll Be," by Edwin McCain
7. "Baby One More Time," by Britney Spears
8. "My Prerogative," by Bobby Brown
9. "I'll Make Love To You," Boyz II Men
10. "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You," by Bryan Adams
11. "I Swear," by All-4-One
12. "Every Time I Close My Eyes," by Babyface and Mariah Carey
13. "Crash Into Me," by Dave Matthews Band
14. "You'll Be in My Heart," by Phil Collins
15. "I Can Love You LIke That by All-4-One
16. "I Do (Cherish You) by 98 Degrees
17. "Fantasy," by Mariah Carey
18. "I Knew I Loved You by Savage Garden
19. "As Long as You Love Me by Backstreet Boys
20. "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)," by Backstreet Boys
21. "End of the Road," by Boyz II Men
22. "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It," by Will Smith
23. "I Want It That Way," by Backstreet Boys
24. "God Must Have Spent a Little More Time On You," by *NSYNC
25. "More Than Words," by Extreme
26. "Dreaming of You," by Selena
27. "Always Be My Baby," by Mariah Carey
28. "Baby Got Back," by Sir Mix-A-Lot
29. "Poison," by Bell Biv DeVoe
30. "What a Girl Wants," by Christina Aguilera
31. "Two Princes," by The Spin Doctors
32. "You Gotta Be," by Des'ree
33. "Show Me Love," by Robyn
34. "Jumpin', Jumpin'," by Destiny's Child
35. "Come on Over Baby (All I Want is You)," by Christina Aguilera
Most Requested Disco, Funk and Oldies
1. "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)," by Michael Jackson
2. "Shout," by Otis Day and the Knights
3. "Shout, Pts. 1 & 2," by The Isley Brothers
4. "Footloose," by Kenny Loggins
5. "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough," by Michael Jackson
6. "You Really Got Me," by The Kinks
7. "Isn't She Lovely," by Stevie Wonder
8. "YMCA," by Village People
9. "Celebration," by Kool & The Gang
10. "Dancing Queen," by ABBA
11. "Brick House," by Commodores
12. "She's Always A Woman," by Billy Joel
13. "Wouldn't It Be Nice," by The Beach Boys
14. "Don't Go Breaking My Heart," by Elton John and Kiki Dee
15. "September," by Earth, Wind & Fire
16. "Baby I Need Your Loving," by Four Tops
17. "Twist and Shout," by The Beatles
18. "Stayin' Alive," Bee Gees
19. "Get Down Tonight," KC & The Sunshine Band
20. "Africa," by Toto
21. "Tiny Dancer," by Elton John
22. "In Your Eyes," by Peter Gabriel
23. "Beat It," by Michael Jackson
24. "Bust a Move" by Young M.C.
25. "Sugar, Sugar," by The Archies
26. "Stand by Me," by Ben E. King
27. "Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)," Stevie Wonder
28. "Gimme Some Lovin'," The Spencer Davis Group
29. "You Really Got a Hold On Me," by Percy Sledge
30. "Can't Take My Eyes Off You," by Andy Williams
31. "Uptown Girl," by Billy Joel
32. "L-O-V-E," by Nat King Cole
33. "How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)," by James Taylor
34. "Here Comes the Sun," by The Beatles
35. "God Only Knows," by The Beach Boys
36. "How Will I Know," by Whitney Houston
37. "Dancing Queen," by ABBA
38. "You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman," by Aretha Franklin
Most Requested Rat Pack Classics
1. "The Way You Look Tonight," by Frank Sinatra
2. "Ain't That a Kick in the Head," by Dean Martin
3. "Come Fly with Me," by Frank Sinatra
4. "Feeling Good," by Sammy Davis, Jr.
5. "The Way You Look Tonight," by Frank Sinatra
6. "That's Amore," by Dean Martin
7. "Yes Sir, That's My Baby," by Frank Sinatra
8. "Something's Gotta Give," by Sammy Davis Jr.
9. "Sway (Quien Sera)," by Dean Martin
10. "Fly Me to the Moon," by Frank Sinatra
11. ""Volare," by Dean Martin
12. ""I've Got You Under My Skin," by Frank Sinatra
13. "Mambo Italiano," by Dean Martin
14. "Somethin' Stupid," by Frank Sinatra and Nancy Sinatra
15. "The Best is Yet to Come," by Frank Sinatra and Count Basie
Most Requested Rock Hits
1. "You Shook Me All Night Long," by AC/DC
2. "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You," by Bryan Adams
3. "Pour Some Sugar On Me," by Def Leppard
4. "Livin' On A Prayer," by Bon Jovi
5. "Sweet Home Alabama," by Lynyrd Skynyrd
6. "Keep on Loving You," by REO Speedwagon
7. "Old Time Rock & Roll," by Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band
8. "Summer Of 69," by Bryan Adams
9. "Sweet Child O' Mine," by Guns N' Roses
10. "I Want You To Want Me," by Cheap Trick
11. "All Summer Long," by Kid Rock
12. "You are the Best Thing," by Ray LaMontagne
13. "What I Like About You," by Romantics
14. ""Don't Stop Believin'," by Journey
15. "Crazy Little Thing Called Love, by Queen
16. "Come On Eileen," by Dexys Midnight Runners
17. "Jessie's Girl," by Rick Springfield
18. "Heaven," by Bryan Adams
19. "Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore, by REO Speedwagon
20. "I Want to Know What Love Is," by Foreigner
21. "The Stroke," by Billy Squier
22. "Let It Be Me," by Ray LaMontagne
23. "Dancing in the Moonlight," by King Harvest
24. "More Than a Feeling," by Boston
25. "Free Fallin'," by Tom Petty
Most Requested Country Songs
1. "Friends in Low Places," by Garth Brooks
2. "Callin' Baton Rouge," by Garth Brooks
3. "Amazed," by Lonestar
4. "She Won't Be Lonely Long," by Clay Walker
5. "Wanted," by Hunter Hayes
6. "I Want Crazy," by Hunter Hayes
7. "Die a Happy Man," by Thomas Rhett
8. "Hey Pretty Girl," by Kip Moore
9. "Forever and For Always," by Shania Twain
10. "Copperhead Road," by Steve Earle
11. "You're Still the One," by Shania Twain
12. "I Swear," by John Michael Montgomery
13. "Body Like A Back Road," by Sam Hunt
14. "A Girl Like You," by Easton Corbin
15. "Outta Style," by Aaron Watson
16. "The Rest Of Our Life," by Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
17. "For The First Time," by Darius Rucker
18. "Cotton Eye Joe," by Rednex
19. "Country Girl (Shake It For Me)," by Luke Bryan
20. "Wagon Wheel," by Darius Rucker
21. "Save A Horse (Ride A Cowboy)," by Big & Rich
22. "It's Your Love," by Tim McGraw with Faith Hill
23. "I Cross My Heart," by George Strait
24. "Boot Scootin' Boogie," by Brooks & Dunn
25. "My Best Friend," by Tim McGraw
26. "I Cross My Heart," by George Strait
27. "When You Say Nothing At All," by Alison Krauss
28. "I Loved Her First," by Heartland
29. "From this Moment On," by Shania Twain
30. "Amazed," by Lonestar
31. "Forever and Ever, Amen,," by Randy Travis
32. "Carrying Your Love With Me," by George Strait
33. "She's Everything by Brad Paisley
34. "Chicken Fried," by the Zac Brown Band
35. "I Need You," by Leann Rimes
Most Requested Slow Jams
Parents and older guests love to slow it down with classic songs, like 'At Last' or 'Unchained Melody.' And while we might get a lot of requests, we try to maintain a proper balance, too much of a good thing is still too much.
1. "Can You Feel the Love Tonight," by Elton John
2. "Thinking Out Loud, by Ed Sheeran
3. "Daughters," by John Mayer
4. "Say You Won't Let Go," by James Arthur
5. "Truly Madly Deeply," by Savage Garden
6. "A Thousand Years," by Christina Perri
7. "All of Me by," John Legend
8. "Your Song," by by Elton John
9. "Dream a Little Dream of Me," by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
10. "At Last," by Etta James
11. "Unchained Melody," by The Righteous Brothers
12. "By Your Side," by Sade
13. "Stay with Me," by Sam Smith
14. "You and Me," by Lifehouse
15. "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room," by John Mayer
16. "Forever Young," by Rod Stewart
40 Best Mother-Son Dance Songs for Your Wedding Day
Get your tissues ready, because it's time for the mother-son dance. A tender moment in the midst of your big day to show gratitude for the person that made it all possible. If you're the groom, your mother is the one that stood by you and nurtured you through the years, safely delivering you to the love of your life and the next chapter of your journey. If you're the bride that's reading this, take a moment to be thankful for the person that is responsible for the man that is now your husband, not just by giving him life but in gently guiding him through the obstacles of life and reinforcing the character that you so fell in love with. Let the spotlight shine on her unwavering love for a brief moment, honor that beautiful mother-son relationship, and maybe, just maybe, make up for some of those angsty teen years you put her through.
Looking for the best mother-son dance songs for that special moment when the groom takes his mom on a sweet spin around the dance floor? We've rounded up 40 songs that capture the love between a son and his mother, and maybe shed a tear or two while doing so.
01 "A Song for Mama," by Boyz II Men
Lyrics of Love: "You taught me everything/Everything you've given me/I'll always keep it inside/You're the driving force in my life"
02 "Because You Loved Me," by Celine Dion
Lyrics of Love: "You were my eyes when I couldn't see/You saw the best there was in me/Lifted me up when I couldn't reach/You gave me faith 'cause you believed/I'm everything I am/Because you loved me"
03 "Child of Mine," by Carole King
Lyrics of Love: "You don't need directions/You know which way to go/And I don't want to hold you back/I just want to watch you grow/You're the one who taught me/You don't have to look behind"
04 "I Say a Little Prayer," by Aretha Franklin
Lyrics of Love: "While combing my hair, now/And wondering what dress to wear, now/I say a little prayer for you/Forever, forever, you'll stay in my heart"
05 "I'll Always Love My Mama," by The Intruders
Lyrics of Love: "A mother's love is so special/It's something that you can't describe/It's the kind of love that stays with you/Until the day you die"
06 "You Raise Me Up," by Josh Groban
Lyrics of Love: "You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains/You raise me up to walk on stormy seas/I am strong when I am on your shoulders/You raise me up to more than I can be"
07 "God Only Knows," by The Beach Boys
Lyrics of Love: "If you should ever leave me/Though life would still go on, believe me/The world could show nothing to me/So what good would living do me/God only knows what I'd be without you"
08 "What a Wonderful World," by Louis Armstrong
Lyrics of Love: "The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky/Are also on the faces of people going by/I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do/They're really saying I love you"
09 "Mama Said," by Lukas Graham
Lyrics of Love: "'Cause we were good kids/I know which place I'm from/I know my home/When I'm in doubt and struggling/That's where I'll go"
10 "93 Million Miles," by Jason Mraz
Lyrics of Love: "Oh my beautiful mother/She told me, 'Son in life you're gonna go far/If you do it right you'll love where you are/Just know/Wherever you go/You can always come home'"
11 "How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You)," by James Taylor
Lyrics of Love: "I needed the shelter of someone's arms and there you were/I needed someone to understand my ups and downs and there you were/With sweet love and devotion/Deeply touching my emotion"
"Forever Young," by Rod Stewart
Lyrics of Love: "And when you fin'lly fly away, I'll be hoping that I served you well/For all the wisdom of a lifetime, no one can ever tell/But whatever road you choose, I'm right behind you win or lose"
13 "The First Lady in My Life," by Paul Todd
Lyrics of Love: "So here we are today, now I'm finally grown/About to take a wife, and start a family of my own/Everything I am, I owe to you/You molded me so carefully and you saw me through"
14 "I Hope You Dance," by Lee Ann Womack
Lyrics of Love: "Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance/And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance/I hope you dance/I hope you dance"
15 "Thank You Mom," by Good Charlotte
Lyrics of Love: "The only thing I ever had was you, it's true/And even when the times got hard you were there/To let us know that we'd get through/you showed me how to be a man"
16 "Mama," by Spice Girls
Lyrics of Love: "Catching me in places that I knew I shouldn't be/Every other day I crossed the line I didn't mean to be so bad/I never thought you would become the friend I never had"
17 "The Perfect Fan," by The Backstreet Boys
Lyrics of Love: "And I've had many years of grace/And it flatters me when I see a smile on your face/I want to thank you for what you've done/In hopes I can give back to you/Be the perfect son"
18 "Sweet Child O' Mine," by Guns N' Roses
Lyrics of Love: "She's got a smile it seems to me/Reminds me of childhood memories/Where everything/Was fresh as the bright blue sky/Now and then when I see her face/She takes me away to that special place"
19 "Hero," by Mariah Carey
Lyrics of Love: "And then a hero comes along/With the strength to carry on/And you cast your fears aside/And you know you can survive"
20 "Mother Like Mine," by The Band Perry
Lyrics of Love: "She's the lady of the house/A blind believer in all I dare to be/There's no safer place I've found/Than the shoulder of her white nightgown/Oh I've got the best and the worst of her in me"
21 "Mother and Child Reunion," by Paul Simon
Lyrics of Love: "Oh, little darling of mine/I just can't believe it's so/Though it seems strange to say"
22 "Oh, Mother of Mine," by The Temptations
Lyrics of Love: "Oh mother of mine, I've been blind/The things that you tell me, I really/Paid it no mind/Oh please forgive me, yes, I know I was wrong/But now, now I know, my place, my place is at home"
23 "Hey Mama," by Kanye West
Lyrics of Love: "I want to tell the whole world about a friend of mine/This little light of mine, I'm feelin' let it shine/I'm feelin' take y'all back to them better times/I'm feelin' talk about my momma if y'all don't mind"
24 "Dear Mama," by 2Pac
Lyrics of Love: "There are no words that can express how I feel/You never kept a secret, always stayed real/And I appreciate, how you raised me/And all the extra love that you gave me"
25 "Your Song," by Elton John
Lyrics of Love: "If I was a sculptor, but then again no/Or a man who makes potions in a traveling show/Oh I know it's not much but it's the best I can do/My gift is my song/And this one's for you"
26 "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face," by Roberta Flack
Lyrics of Love: "The first time ever I saw your face/I thought the sun rose in your eyes/And the moon and the stars were the gifts you gave/To the dark and the endless skies"
27 "Do I Make You Proud," by Taylor Hicks
Lyrics of Love: "My heart is full/Of endless gratitude/You were the one/The one to guide me through"
28 "Love Can Move Mountains," by Celine Dion
Lyrics of Love: "Just a little faith/Just a little trust/If you believe in love/Love can move mountains/Believe in your heart"
29 "Mama's Song," by Carrie Underwood
Lyrics of Love: "Mama you taught me to do the right things/So now you have to let your baby fly/You've given me everything that I will need/To make it through this crazy thing called life"
30 "Greatest Love of All," by Whitney Houston
Lyrics of Love: "And if, by chance, that special place/That you've been dreaming of/Leads you to a lonely place/Find your strength in love"
31 "Bridge Over Troubled Water," by Aretha Franklin
Lyrics of Love: "When evening falls so hard/I will comfort you/I'll take your part/Oh when darkness comes/And pain is all, is all around/Just like a bridge over troubled water/I will lay me down"
32 "In My Life," by The Beatles
Lyrics of Love: "Though I know I'll never lose affection/For people and things that went before/I know I'll often stop and think about them/In my life, I'll love you more"
33 "Unforgettable," by Nat King Cole
Lyrics of Love: "Never before/Has someone been more/Unforgettable/In every way/And forever more/That's how you'll stay"
34 "Wonderful Tonight," by Eric Clapton
Lyrics of Love: "I feel wonderful because I see/The love light in your eyes/And the wonder of it all/Is that you just don't realize how much I love you"
35 "Always on My Mind," by Willie Nelson
Lyrics of Love: "Maybe I didn't love you/quite as often as I could have/Maybe I didn't treat you/quite as good as I should have/If I make you feel second best/I'm so sorry I was blind/You were always on my mind"
36 "There You'll Be," by Faith Hill
Lyrics of Love: "Well, you showed me how it feels/To feel the sky within my reach/And I always will remember all/The strength you gave to me/Your love made me make it through"
37 "Angels," by Randy Travis
Lyrics of Love: "You've never seen an angel?/Never felt the presence of one standing by?/No robe of white/No halo in site/Well you missed the most obvious thing/Man, are you blind?/Just look in your mother's eyes"
38 "Have I Told You Lately," by Van Morrison
Lyrics of Love: "Have I told you lately that I love you/Have I told you there's no one above you/Fill my heart with gladness/Take away my sadness/Ease my troubles, that's what you do"
39 "All You Need Is Love," by The Beatles
Lyrics of Love: "There's nothing you can know that isn't known/Nothing you can see that isn't shown/There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be/It's easy/All you need is love"
40 "Wind Beneath My Wings," by Bette Midler
Lyrics of Love: "Did you ever know that you're my hero/And everything I would like to be?/I can fly higher than an eagle/For you are the wind beneath my wings"
Whatever mother-son dance songs you choose for your wedding, it's sure to be a moment they'll both treasure forever.
OUR MOST POPULAR WEDDING ALL-TIME SONGS
Wedding after wedding, there are some tunes that always make the list of most requested wedding songs. From party anthems to rock ballads, oldies to country classics, these favorites get people on the dance floor time and again. The following are compiled from our log for the last 28 years of entertaining at weddings. Get inspired as you think about what you'd like to hear at your own wedding, whether you're making your own playlist or working with one of our DJs. Here is our collection of the most requested wedding reception dance songs.